Prof. Dr.-Ing. Matthias Gaderer
Professorship of Regenerative Energy Systems
Matthias Gaderer studied process engineering at Graz University of Technology and Stockholm University of Technology from 1991-1996 and then worked in industry on process engineering projects in Switzerland and Austria.
In 1999 he started working for the Bavarian Centre for Applied Energy Research (ZAE Bayern) in Garching/Munich, where he established applied biomass research as head of a working group. In 2008, he received his doctorate from the Technical University of Munich on the topic of energetic biomass utilisation and was afterwards employed at the Chair of Energy Systems at TUM, where he was responsible for the area of decentralised energy systems and thermal biomass utilisation.
From 2012 to 2017 he was awarded the contract to head the research group "Thermal use of biomass in high-temperature processes" at the TUM.
At the beginning of 2015, he was appointed Professor for Renewable Energy Systems at TUM at the Straubing Science Centre. His main focus here is the development of new research activities.
- Thermochemical gasification of biomass and residues
- Combustion and firing techniques for biomass and residues
- Production of synthetic energy sources (e.g. Substitute Natural Gas) and gas treatment
- Techniques for the supply of electricity and heat with decentralised energy systems
- Energy management issues
- Energetic Use of Biomass
- Introduction to energy conversion and energy economics
- Energy and process technology
- Energy and process engineering practical
- Thermodynamics and thermal engineering
- Energy technology
- Wissenschaftliches Komitee der CEBC 2020, Mitteleuropäische Biomassekonferenz
- Deutsches Doktorandenkolloquium Bioenergie
- Bayerisches Wissenschaftsforum (Baywiss) – Mobilität und Verkehr
- Bayerisches Wissenschaftsforum (Baywiss) – Energieforum
- TUM Munich School of Engineering (MSE) Kolloqium
- Alpenforce (Alpines Energie Forschungs Center) – Energieforschungsgespräche Disentis
- VDI/DIN-Kommission Reinhaltung der Luft (KRdL) – Normenausschuss – Mitglied im Richtlinienausschuss "Nachweis des kontinuierlichen effektiven Betriebs von Abgasreinigungseinrichtungen" im Fachbereich IV "Umweltmesstechnik" der KRdL